Laundry Washing Powder Blend
Modern washing detergents are a chemical concoction. Many skin sensitive, chemical sensitive or scent sensitive people experience distress after washing in commercial laundry detergents. It seems there remains a residual of those chemicals within the fibres of materials. Most of us would prefer an alternative! There are some aptly named eco friendly laundry powders on the market but a read through the ingredients in some of those even leaves you wondering!
This has been tested and tweaked using only natural, safe ingredients and is a plant and mineral based formula that really works!
What's Not In It?
- No added colours or fragrance
- No artificial brighteners
- No sodium lauryl sulfate
- Phosphate free
- No added acids
- Enzyme free
- No fillers
What is in it?
- Ground Coconut Soap – Ground Coconut Soap made in Sri Lanka. Made from three simple ingredients - Organic Coconuts, Lye and water. Fat or oil, lye and water are the three base essential ingredients of any soap. We don’t add anything extra.
- Sodium Percarbonate – Sodium Percarbonate is an oxygen booster. Whoever thought of this is a genius. It is hydrogen peroxide encased in washing soda. When added to hot water the dense oxygen within the hydrogen peroxide is released into the water. As an ingredient in this formula it reacts with & infuses all the ingredients with an enhanced oxygen boost wash.
- Washing Soda – Our Washing Soda is from a Natural source in the USA. Washing Soda is a key ingredient as a water softener in cottage & some commercial washing detergents. Hard water is water with high levels of minerals. Those minerals limit the sudsing/soaping of detergents. Washing Soda both cleans and softens water allowing the soap to clean effectively.
- Bicarb Soda – Bicarb Soda, also known as Sodium Bicarbonate is a wonderfully effective cleaner used for generations by generations, as an all-purpose cleaner for all sorts of cleaning projects. Very effective in the wash, our Bicarb is of Natural origin, sourced from the USA.
- Borax – A natural product derived from Turkey. Borax is often understated in its application and effectiveness. It softens water, cleans and is a natural deodorant, but its other claim to fame is its effectiveness as an anti-fungal, anti-yeast, anti-mould, and its ability to neutralise fluoride in tap water.
Using a Top Loader
For best results part fill the machine with water. While it is filling add 1-2 scoops of laundry blend to a bucket and add 2 cups of very hot water. The hot water infuses the blend causing it to suds and rise. Swirl and mix in the bucket and add to the agitator or straight in the wash. Can wash on any temperature but for best results wash on warm -warm/hot cycle.
Using a Front Loader
During the trial period some people were asked to test this formula in their front loaders. They gave it the thumbs up! If you own a front loader you would be aware some detergents & powders are not suited to front loaders since front loaders needs low sudsing cleaners. So, we need to say “This Laundry Washing Powder Blend may not suit your front loader. Initially start with only a half scoop to assess its suitability to your machine and if ok, increase in increments until you find the amount suitable for your machine”.
Once you have determined the amount suited to your machine simply fill the detergent draw with that amount, and start the wash on hot to release the oxygen & activate the blend. Once mixed into the water switch to a lower temperature if you wish to.
Tip: if you would like to wash in warm/hot water but are concerned you may use too much water from your hot water tank, not leaving enough for showers and baths, wash late at night or set your machine timer to wash late at night. The tank will re-heat in the off-peak times of the early hrs whilst you are sleeping.
The amount of Laundry Washing Powder Blend needed per wash will vary from wash to wash depending on the machine size, the wash level. and level of soiling on clothes.
*May cause colour-fast materials to run or fade. Be sure to pre-test the suitability of Laundry Washing Powder Blend to your application before use.