SugarWrap food storage eco zip lock bags are a resealable solution for storing food in and out of the fridge, keeping food fresh and full of taste. The SugarWrap range offers the same functional durability as regular petro-based plastics, however, it is carbon positive and completely sustainable and renewable.
- Ideal for storing sandwiches, vegetables, fruit, baked goods, cooked food, and leftovers.
- Thick, durable bags that help protect food from freezer burn and keep your food fresh.
- Microwaveable and freezable (use as directed). When defrosting & reheating, keep slightly open to vent.
- SugarWrap eco zip lock bags are made from natural sugarcane which is great for you and great for the environment.
- 20 Large Zip Lock Bags per box
- 25 x 30cm
SugarWrap Sandwich Zip Lock bags also available
Benefits and The Environment – Eco Zip Lock Bags
SugarWrap is one of the world’s first environmentally beneficial alternatives to everyday household plastic products. Using SugarWrap over regular plastic products is both better for your families health and the environment. The SugarWrap range is a lightweight, high strength, durable and better quality result than conventional plastic products.
SugarWrap offers a complete range of kitchen plastics, made from sustainable sugarcane Bio-PE renewable material, that can replace petroleum based plastics with the goal of establishing an environmentally conscious alternative to food safe plastics. Unlike Corn-based bio-plastics, Bio-PE made from Brazilian sugarcane has no impact on global food production and also only occupies 1.5% of Brazilian arable land area, with no impact on vital Amazon Rain Forest areas. Brazilian sugarcane is cultivated in the Southeast of Brazil, some 2,000 km away from the Amazon Forest.