100g fractionated coconut oil
50g coconut oil
30g Shea butter
15g beeswax pellets
1 tsp vitamin e
20g evening primrose oil
6 drops lemon essential oils
6 drops lavender essential oil
6 drops melaleuca essential oil (tea tree)
- Add coconut oils, Shea butter and beeswax to clean Thermomix bowl and melt – 5 min/80 deg/speed 2. Extend by 30 seconds at a time if all of your beeswax hasn’t quite melted yet.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix – 15 seconds/speed 3.
- Pour into jars /tins and leave in a cool place.
- Use sparingly on dry lips, irritated skin, chafe, scabs, dry scalp etc.
- Act quick when pouring lotions containing beeswax as it solidifies quickly.
- When adding beeswax into bowl, be mindful to avoid leaving pellets on the blades or they may not melt.
- This salve replaces Vaseline type products, where ingredients are derived from dangerous petrochemicals. I have also replaced my Lucas’ Paw Paw Ointment.
- Feel free to play around with the essential oils.